Let me just warn you that this recipe is all about cheating, but the good kind of cheating, trust me. There's no oven or cream cheese involved, nor any storebought jam. It might not be the real deal but it's amazingly tasty and satisfying.
Strawberry and raspberry No-bake Cheesecake
- 2 cups digestive biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 packs mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar ( I used coconut sugar because o f it's low glycemic index)
- 1/2 lemon or 1 lime (zest and juice)
- 500g strawberries
- 250g raspberries
- Put biscuits in blender and blend until you get a sandlike consistency
- Mix biscuit crumbs and soft butter until all clumps are disolved and you have a sticky consistency. I prefer to do this by hand.
- Pour biscuit mix into cake mold, ideally one of those where you can remove the bottom.
- Press biscuit mix until you have an even and compact base. I used the bottom of a mug for more pressure.
- Put the crust in the fridge.
- Take mascarpone from fridge and place it in the blender. It's important that the mascarpone is cold.
- Add the milk, lemon/lime zest and sugar. This can be done to taste, do add little by little until you're happy with the flavor.
- Blend everything together for 1 minute.
- Pour filling on the crust and put them back in the fridge.
- Keep it in the fridge for at least 1h before eating.
- Cut strawberries into quarters.
- In a bowl combine lemon/lime juice and sugar to taste.
- Let it sit in the fridge for the remainder of the hour
Finally, add raspberries to strawberry mix and pour it on top of the filling. Remove mold and serve. It's best eaten on the same day and out of the fridge.
This was a total improvisation because mascarpone was on sale at the supermarket and I couldn't resist it. For a person who is not good with desserts, I was super happy with the end result. The husband did not complain either ;)
Have fun experimenting!