Food52 is a great food-loving community and has been a source of inspiration in the last weeks, so I am sure there will be other references to it.
For now, here is the recipe to the Persian Yoghurt & Spinach dip I made a couple of nights ago. This is my version: I am kind of lazy and skipped the blanching and served it with some naan. Dinner was made in under 10 minutes!
- 1 pack baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and divided into two separate batches
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small tubs Greek Yoghurt
- dried mint for garnish
- handful crushed walnuts
- Sauté 1 clove of garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil and add the shredded baby spinach. Add a pinch of salt. Stir for a few minutes.
- Remove from stove, allow to cool, then squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a bowl, add yoghurt, 1 clove of minced garlic, baby spinach and stir gently. Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle with dried mint, crushed walnuts and a lazy trail of olive oil.
Note: I used 1/2 teabag of peppermint infusion for the recipe, since it calls for dried and not fresh mint. Might do the trick for you as well :)
Come one, confess! It looks much better than any deep frozen alternatives you might be considering. Go for it!