- Body fat is a secondary source for estrogen production, which contributes to endo.
- If you are feeding your body too many carbohydrates and sugar, you are stimulating estrogen production and therefore making your problem worse.
- You also want to avoid all types of pesticides and growth hormones in your food, so eat mainly organic.
Fast forward to this recipe: we make this walnut and banana bread for breakfast and it lasts for several days in the fridge. It's healthy and delicious. It has no flour or refined sugar, so it's perfect for me. This recipe has helped me to stay away from eating bread for breakfast, which is what we always used to do.
Source: The Paleo Diet, Daniel Green
- oil, for greasing
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs (organic, if possible)
- 110g almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 70g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (this is our personal touch)
Preheat the oven to 200ºC and lightly oil a non-stick loaf.
In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, then add almond flour and honey. Stir in the walnuts, bananas and coconut.
Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 20 minutes.
Hope you like it as much as I do!